Hot toddy drinking sweater wearers.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

R.I.P Hoku Donovan-Smith

     My best friend passed away on May 14....
he fell asleep next to a window in Chicago, only a couple of days after arriving in the city for the first and only time. Needless to say, he fell out of the window, landed still unconscious. He was a magician, a rapper, a soul who never held back from living harder than everyone else in his own way. Hoku is always an inspiration to be honest to one's self, and thus far...I still have to live up to that (stories for other times).

    Something that his father, Sudi Lani of Italy, wrote on facebook today resonated with me...a state of mind I find myself in every time I do any of these things that at many times I was lucky enough to have shared the experiences with Hoku. The last four lines Sudi wrote really hit me, with a truth that I wish was not true.
           You can read about Hoku's adventures through India here: http://magiccarpettrip.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. thanks, winter...for some reason, i can't access his carpet blog directly, so please keep this post...love

    ReplyDelete

**