Hot toddy drinking sweater wearers.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nothing rhymes with door hinge...

...except Orange.

Venting my writing frustrations.


But first, an interlude:
    I was looking for music to play for my bird, Louis Daguerre,
                          the one song he seemingly loved most was One Night in Bangkok.



Venting my writing frustrations.....

         Sometimes I feel like my instructor for my Indigenous Studies course thinks the best way for me to write is to be very biased and almost racist, just toeing the line of racism. I could be wrong, but my papers that received the best grades thus far have been partially written against my usual nature, it's like being in a debate for the side you partially disagree with, however...you know how to pull the strings of the opposing team, and let your qualms with your position sit on the sidelines, waiting for you to address them, but all in vain.
         It just seems if I explain how the entire world is changing together as a whole, cultures can meld. I always discuss this as a natural process, and I am always shut down. If I discuss the melding as a plague to the very being of Indigenous society today, and think people should segregate themselves, then my papers rock socks (in the eyes of my instructor) and all is cherry.....just need to make everything black and white for her. Shame. At least I am aware of this, that could also make it worse. I am manipulating every argument so that it cannot be argued with for the inevitable societal meld, this is how I will win the battle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

**